The grease gun coupler is a connector between the grease gun and the grease fitting. You want it to forestall grease spillage during grease. When you slide in a coupler to the grease fitting and change it to fit flawlessly, you can fix the grease firearm on the other open end and begin lubing greasing.
Greasing any garage machine or equipment, or in a car becomes quite a challenging job, especially because of the holding hassle. However, you are still bound to do the job regularly, if you are a truck or car owner, or own an equipment farm. The good part is that lubrication is a lot easier with a grease gun coupler. With it, you are free from the hassle of holding the lubricant on one hand while pumping.
Plus, narrow or multi-target greasing is invincible through a grease gun coupler. Therefore, we have come up with an inventory of the 10 best grease gun couplers on the market. Additionally, we have discussed some considerable factors in the buyer’s guide to make the purchase fruitful to your purpose. So, let’s delve in.
Top 9 Best Grease Gun Coupler Review
- LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler locks onto Zerk fittings. Grease goes in, not on the machine. World’s best-selling original locking grease coupler. Rated 10,000 PSI. Long-lasting rebuildable tool.
- Lumax LX-1404 Silver 90 Degree Grease Coupler for Hard-to-Reach Grease Fittings on Cars, Trucks, Farm Equipment. Ideal for Lubrication of Front and All-Wheel Drive Vehicles.
- Performance Tool W54234 Grease Gun Coupler Narrow Body
- LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler XL – Extra reach for recessed grease fittings
- DEWALT Grease Gun Coupler, Right Angle (DCGG5702)
- Lincoln 5852 Grease Gun Hydraulic Coupler Small Diameter
- Univer-co UC2121 Lock on grease coupler small barrel
- Lumax LX-1403-XL Heavy-Duty Quick Release Grease Coupler, XL, 1/8″ NPT. Compact 5” x 2”. Multi-Year Service Life: High-Performance Hydraulic Seal. Tool Steel.
- Lumax LX-1406 Silver 360 Degree Swivel Grease Coupler. Swivels in a Full 360 Degree Circle and Locks in Place. 45 Degree Angle Gives Easy Access to Most Grease Fittings
1. LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler
LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler is best known for its genuine lock-in coupler design and is the only model with rebuildable capability. This gun coupler accurately fits into zerk fittings. You can expect zero grease leakage during the gun operation. The coupler diameter is ⅛ inch that fits all NPT threads sizing the same. LockNLube Grease Gun Couple is compatible with all the three types of greasing tool, namely; manual, air powered, and battery powered.
The good part is that you get a spare coupler kit within the package. The coupler has lower maintenance cost followed by having an exceptional patented lock-in design. The piece contains 4 hardened, steel spring jaws, which are flexible under high pressure, for example, at a pressure about 10,000 PSI. This coupler is compatible for fitting with any SAE or metric zerk fittings. The coupler exhibits a quick release feature from a jammed/tightened fitting even under higher pressure.
- Locks on, does not leak
- Grease goes in, not on, the machine
- World’s original locking grease coupler
- World’s only rebuildable grease coupler. Lowest lifetime cost
- 1/8″ NPT compatible with all grease guns – battery, pneumatic, manual
- Secured lock-in to zero fittings
- Fits any grease gun model
- Low cost and the coupler never leaks
- Unique and proprietary coupler design
- Best suited for all SAE and BSP zerk fittings
- Rebuildable coupler as the package includes a spare unit
- Flexible four hardened spring jaws and can withstand high pressure
Product Link: https://tinyurl.com/yar7o8b
2. Lumax LX-1404
Lomax LX-1404 Silver 90 Degree Grease Coupler for Hard-to-reach Grease Fittings on Cars, Trucks, Farm Equipment. For use on Hand-operated Grease Guns only. Ideal for Lubrication of Front and All-Wheel Drive Vehicles. Our products, including grease guns, manual and electric pumps, funnels, drains, grease fittings, filter wrenches, and accessories, are built to the highest standards and incorporate many proprietary features. Lomax’s mission is to provide professionals and consumers with innovative and high-quality products to get the job done right. Product development at Lomax goes beyond the physical product, to a deeper understanding of the end-users’ needs. Engineered with the “user-in-mind, ” Lomax products are built to the highest standards and incorporate many unique features that make work easier, faster and cost-effective. We have a passion for the design process. We listen to our customers and their ever-expanding requirements. Our unique products lead the field in design, quality, and performance.
- Designed for hard-to-reach grease fittings
- Zinc Plated for Maximum Protection against Corrosion.
- Recommended Working Pressure: 3, 000 PSI (207 Bar).
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 4, 500 PSI (310 Bar).
- Lomax is a manufacturer of lubrication and fluid management products.
- Spring Loaded Sleeve locks Coupler in place for angular application.
- Complete with Small & Large sleeves to fit Standard and Heavy-Duty Couplers.
- Quick connect with a spring loaded sleeve
- It makes work easier, faster and cost-effective
- For use with most hand-operated grease guns
- Spring-loaded ball check valve to prevent leakage
3. Performance Tool
This top-grade product is expertly made in compliance with stringent industry standards to offer a fusion of a well-balanced design and high level of craftsmanship. Manufactured from industry-leading materials using up-to-date equipment, it ensures everlasting reliability and enduring value. This product is distinguished by total quality assurance, unsurpassed by anybody else.
These warranties exclude blades, bits, punches, dies, bulbs, fuses, grinding wheels, belts and other consumables which must be replaced under normal use and service. These warranties shall not apply to any product or part which is used for a purpose for which it is not designed, or which has been repaired or altered in any way so as to affect adversely its performance or reliability, nor shall these warranties apply to any product or part which has been subject to misuse, neglect, accident or wear and tear incident to normal use & service.
- Fits most hand operated grease guns.
- Maximum working pressure 7,000 psi
- Narrow body fits into the tightest applications
- Fits most hand operated grease guns
- Only the best build quality
- Designed specifically to help you
- Grease Gun coupler narrow body fits into the tightest applications.
- After 90 days and up to 1 year manufacturer warranty from date of purchase
- Providing a superior level of service and quality
- If any tool ever fails to give complete satisfaction, it will be replaced to a like grade and quality.
4. LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler XL
The LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler XL is probably the best choice in case you are free to invest some extra bucks. This LockNLube Grease Gun delivers the most premium quality and aptly justifies its cost on the higher side. This grease gun is perfect for shielded PTO shafts, axles, U joints, harvester heads, and other such common grease fittings. Once locked, it hardly ever leaks or pops off under pressure.
The intact nature ensures better grip and control over your work. The LockNLube XL is fit for greasing heavy-duty machinery, typically the harvester heads of excavators or any such relevant fittings that are hard to access. The coupler needs you to hold it with one hand while aligning it with another hand for leak-free operation of the grease gun.
- Rated to 10,000 PSI! Locks on, stays on. Does not leak once locked on.
- Includes rebuild kit. Easily replace seal and jaws without replacing the coupler.
- Fits all standard Grease Guns – 1/8 NPT fitting. Fits all SAE and Metric Zerk fittings. Simply replace your existing coupler.
- Hands free – does not pop off under pressure. Easily released from fittings with the thumb lever, even at extreme pressure.
- Over 3.5″ of reach. Great for shielded PTO shafts, axles, harvester heads, U Joints and other recessed grease fittings.
- Supported by non-slip feature
- Fits most of the DIN and SAE Zerks
- One hand lock into the grease zerk fittings
- Easy to use for greasing heavy equipment
- Proprietary design renders minimum leakage
- Comes in regular and XL sizes for recessed fittings
- Spring-loaded thumb lever makes coupler lock-in and release easy
- Rebuild unit enables replacing the coupler seal and jaws without buying a new coupler
5. DEWALT Grease Gun Coupler
DEWALT Grease Gun Coupler Right Angle (DCGG5702) is engineered for reaching difficult to access zero fittings. The grease gun coupler usually attaches itself with a jerk fitting in the extension and the sleeve slides over the gun nozzle. The Dewalt Grease Gun Coupler is very strong and long-lasting. This gun coupler is best suited for all types of applications.
The maximum operating pressure of this grease gun coupler is 10,000 PSI. This coupler is right-angled which solves the complication of removing the fitting of the coupler on the adapter and makes screwing the hose to the right angle part of the coupler very easy. This coupler attaches itself swiftly to a Dewalt grease gun. The gun coupler is very handy for handling tight spots. This gun coupler does not fall off while you are pumping the grease gun.
- Max operating pressure up to 10, 000 psi
- Heavy Duty piece for all types of applications
- Designed for reaching hard to access zero fittings
- 90 degree angled coupler model facilitates reduced complications while removing the fittings
- Ideal for using on tight spots
- Made to reach the difficult-to-access zero grease fittings
- Sturdy, durable, and is fit for any type of greasing requirement
6. Lincoln 5852 Grease Gun Hydraulic Coupler
The maximum operating pressure of this grease gun coupler is maximum 6000 PSI. It’s small outside diameter permits easy contact with recessed fittings. Replaceable hardened steel jaws. It is very handy for handling tight spots. This gun coupler does not fall off while you are pumping the grease gun.
- Made in India
- 6000 PSI maximum operating pressure
- Versatile, for use with all hydraulic type grease fittings
- Small outside diameter permits easy contact with recessed fittings
- Double life replaceable hardened steel jaws
- Small outside diameter permits easy contact with
- Double life replaceable hardened steel jaws
- Built in ball check, prevents leaks and lubricant
7. Univer-co UC2121 Lock on grease coupler
Grease gun coupler fits most grease guns and accessories. It can be used with hand or pneumatic guns.Extreme grease coupler, does not drip, up to 10,000 PSI. No more fighting to get the coupler on or off. Tip is 5/8 diameter to fit tighter areas. It is as simple as pushing it on to connect, and pulling the sleeve back to release, much like a hydraulic quick disconnect. Fits most all grease guns, 1/8 pipe connection, and will fit most grease zerks. Imperial, metric, JIC, etc. Built in valve allows you to remove the coupler when there is too much pressure caused by clogged zeroes.
- One Hand Operation
- Made of premium Steel
- Integrated release valve
- High precision machined parts
- High performance product
- Available : ⅛ NPS / M10 / BSP
- Revolutionary mechanism with a 4-jaw lock
- Lifetime warranty
- Fits all grease guns
- Longer life of the coupler
- A cleaner work environment at all times
- Reduced costs in grease and workspace maintenance
8. Lumax LX-1403-XL Heavy-Duty Quick Release Grease Coupler
Lumax LX-1403-XL Heavy-Duty Quick-Release Grease Coupler is certainly one of the most-sought in the market for being within a reasonable budget. This product features a ⅛ inch NPT. The fast and easy connection makes it very user-friendly. Moreover, proprietary locking and a quick-release mechanism are also provided with the Lumax LX-1403-XL. The coupler renders a strong lock-on, thereby ensuring a leak-proof seal.
This heavy-duty grease coupler can support up to 1034 bars of pressure. The pioneering Design enables quick release and saves your precious time. Hitherto, you need not worry about broken-off fittings. No jetting or splashing during disconnecting the Lumax LX-1403-XL. High-Performance Hydraulic Seal enables a multi-year service life.
- Integrated 1/8″ NPT Connection
- Integrated Non-Return Valve enables unit to be Disconnected Easily at pressures up to 15, 000 PSI (1, 034 Bar)
- Extended Coupler allows you to access hard to reach and recessed grease fittings
- Ergonomic Thumb Lever Design makes Coupling and Uncoupling totally Effortless
- Comes with an ergonomic thumb lever that needs just one finger to install and remove
- Suitable for Use on most Hand, Battery Powered or Air Operated Grease Guns & Bulk Grease Pumps
- 4 hardened jaws ensure a leak-proof seal
- Flawless for recessed and hard to reach fittings
- The seal remains undamaged even after thousands of uses
- Compatible fitting with all type of SAE and other BSP fittings
9. Lumax LX-1406 Silver 360 Degree Swivel Grease Coupler
Lumax is a manufacturer of lubrication and fluid management products. Our products, including grease guns, manual and electric pumps, funnels, drains, grease fittings, filter wrenches, and accessories, are built to the highest standards and incorporate many proprietary features. Lumax’s mission is to provide professionals and consumers with innovative and high-quality products to get the job done right. Product development at Lumax goes beyond the physical product, to a deeper understanding of the end-users’ needs. Engineered with the “user-in-mind, ” Lumax products are built to the highest standards and incorporate many unique features that make work easier, faster and cost-effective. We have a passion for the design process. We listen to our customers and their ever-expanding requirements. Our unique products lead the field in design, quality, and performance.
Lumax LX-1406 Silver Grease Coupler is a complete all-round 360 degree Swivel Grease Coupler. An easy reach to the majority of the Grease Fittings is provided by the 45 degree angle. Loaded with LX-1400 Standard Grease Coupler this product is just the perfect one to get your job done on time. In particular, the Lumax LX-1406 is designed at par with the “user-in-mind”, this hand-operated Grease Guns are the best to swivel a complete 360 degree and can also lock in place. This product is aptly suitable for every application and hence serves as an all-purpose grease gun coupler.
- For use with most hand-operated grease guns
- Comes with Lumax, LX-1400 Standard Grease Coupler
- 1/8 inches NPT female threads
- Recommended Working Pressure : 3,000 PSI (207 Bar)
- Maximum Operating Pressure : 4,500 PSI (310 Bar)
- Swivels in a full 360° circle and locks in place
- 45° angle gives easy access to most Grease Fittings
- Lumax LX-1400 for free
- Anti-Leak Grease Coupler
- Anti-leakage locking feature
- Easy to use in small spaces
- Quick and simple connection
- Easy access to most hard-to-reach fittings
- Zinc coated coupler surface prevents it from corrosion
How To Choose The Best Grease Gun coupler?
Sometimes, even after getting a good collection of your required products under one roof, selection of the best of its kind stays challenging. In order to make this entire procedure if selection and purchase easier, you must have the knowledge of some critical factors. Here are some of the crucial ones, to be considered, as follows:
As the coupler is provided with a ⅛ inch National Pipe Taper thread to connect to the grease hose, make sure that the coupler supply to the thread is appropriate. A ⅛ inch taper thread is compatible on manual, electric (battery operated), plus on air operated (pneumatic) grease guns. However, thread of any different size available can also be used if your greasing tool or gun is compatible with such specifications.
On the contrary, if you are making the coupler purchase for the first time, it is better to go with the standard NPT of ⅛ inch only, as almost every greasing tool is made to support this thread size with ease.
There are different models of grease gun couplers available on the market. The most widely used gun couplers generally have a 90 degree push-on model, a thumb lever, a 90 degree slide-on, plus a 360 degree swivel.
The 90 degree coupler models are fit to be used on any type of hard work spot/surface. Similarly, 360 degree coupler models are perfect to use with pneumatic or hand guns. Whichever type you pick, make sure it fits your purpose.
Pressure Rating Quality
Care must be taken to confirm if your grease gun is capable of handling maximum pressure or not. If the pressure range of your greasing tool is within (8,000 to 10,000) pounds per square inch, then it is one among the best-quality grease guns. If the gun can manage pressure over 10,000 PSI, then it has a better capacity of compressing more grease than others.
Note: Remember that when too much lubricant is released at one gun press, it has higher chances of getting the tool leaked, and the coupler may get damaged and broken, as a result.
So, first check the PSI capacity of your chosen coupler, like if it can manage pressure of about 10,000 PSI, then it should be an electric grease gun to operate with. Else, the coupler having a pressure capacity of 10,000 PSI must be used with a manual grease gun.
Jaws are a crucial part of the coupler as they ensure proper fitting to the grease gun and securely locks it (the coupler) to the gun tip. More number of coupler jaws, the better is the lock-in and the least is the chance of getting grease loss during lubrication.
Make sure your selected coupler model is easy to maintain after each use. Sometimes the coupler channel gets jammed with dried or thickened film of grease inside it, which stops or blocks the coupler passage if left uncleaned. So, make the choice and purchase accordingly.
Parts of a grease gun coupler
Grease consists of oil combined with a substance which makes it thicker, such as lithium. Grease is used in places where it is impractical to lubricate often, or where plain oil being runny would quickly leak away.
A grease gun consists of four main parts:
- A grease tube or cartridge which holds the grease
- A plunger and spring which keeps pressure on the grease within the grease tube (similar to how a syringe works)
- A lever, trigger, or pump which provides pressure to force the grease out of the tube 4. A flexible hose or stiff tube through which the lubricant is forced from the grease gun and into a grease fitting on the machine being lubricated.
Sizes of a grease gun coupler
The sizes of a Grease Gun Coupler are:
|Max pressure||10,000 psi (690 Bar)|
|Coupler Thread||⅛” NPT female thread.|
|Dimensions||L: 3½ x W: 5/8 x H: 1⅗ In (L: 88mm x W: 16mm x H: 41 mm)|
|Diameter (front of coupler)||5/8 in (16 mm). Fits most recessed grease fittings (Zerks). ~1mm larger than standard coupler|
|Weight||4 oz. (100 grams)|
The most common standard grease fitting size is 1/4″‑28 SAE‑LT and is often used in automotive applications. They can also be found in agricultural environments as well as other various standard duty applications. For heavy duty applications, larger 1/8″‑27 PTF zerk fittings can be found. There are some other weird ones out there, the common being button head I believe, but if it looks like a standard grease zerk it is going to be the standard size.
The best way to determine thread pitch of a grease fitting is to compare the threads to something with a known thread. A thread pitch gauge is the ideal tool for this but you can also compare the grease fitting threads to a known bolt thread, pipe thread, or another grease fitting.
Adjust of a grease gun coupler
Have you ever adjusted the coupler on a grease gun? Many folks just spend $30 for a lockNlube, but you can adjust a grease gun so it releases properly, and also so it stays on properly.
Grease guns get stuck on fittings due to clogged zerk fittings which don’t let the grease pass through and cause a pressure build up that prevents them from releasing. So to get it unstuck unscrews the hose or hardline from the gun which will release the pressure and allow it to come off.
Works great the first time you do it with a new nozzle and clean gloves. Then you get the pliers out to unlock the jaws because it’s hard to grip a small round greasy part and then you discover which zerks are loose after they pop out with your crappy coupler. Most people think of grease guns as just uneven carriers that deliver grease to a bearing through a Zerk fitting. Greasing normally is done using a particular number of pumps with the grease gun or until grease oozes out of the seal. Nevertheless, these practices can lead to different problems. For instance, over greasing can cause heat to build up in a bearing, resulting in both grease and bearing failures? Under greasing (starvation) can lead to excess friction with possible damage to the rolling elements. A better approach is to think of a grease gun as a finely adjusted lubrication device that delivers a precise amount of lubricant to the bearing. A grease volume and frequency calculator can help you know how much lubricant is needed and how often to grease your bearings. Equipment constructor manuals sometimes include greasing instructions for bearings as well. While these methods will help you decide how often to re-grease your bearings and how much grease to use, rarely is any thought given to how much grease is being delivered by the grease gun. One way to adjust a grease gun is by employing a small scale with a high resolution (tenths for grams or hundredths for ounces). With your grease gun, pump 10 slowly, even blow grease onto the scale. Next, take the measurement from the scale and divide it by 10 (the number of strokes). This will tell the average amount of grease per stroke. Keep in mind that even grease guns of the same make and model can vary in the volume of grease they deliver with each stroke. Therefore, every grease gun should be tagged with the amount of grease expelled per stroke and readjusted on a regular basis. Also, be sure the same grease is used when adjusting. A grease metering device is another option that does not require adjusting. It is installed between the grease gun’s hose and the hydraulic coupler used to join to the Zerk fitting. While the digital reading is helpful, these devices can be bulky and may not be the best choice for bearings in tight locations.
Diagram of a Grease Gun Coupler
- The lever is used in laboring arrangements of the grease gun for hand-pumping the grease from the barrel to the tube.
- The trigger and handle are used in laboring arrangements of the grease gun for hand-pumping the grease from the barrel to the hose or tube in an alike way as the lever.
- The barrel is the armor of the grease gun that houses either the grease tube or the grease provided from bulk storage.
- The grease tube (or cartridge) is a pressed housing of grease that is movable when grease is expended.
- The hydraulic coupler (or connector) is the joining point that grips the hose or fixed tube joined to the head of the grease gun.
- The head of the grease gun consists of grease pathways and valves that permit the pumping of grease to trek from the barrel into the flexible hose or fixed tube.
- The filler nipple is the booster point for grease from a filler pump.
- The air-release nipple permits air to escape after new grease has been added to the grease gun and forced into the head.
- The spring supplies the force onto the plunger.
- The follower rod (piston rod, barrel rod, plunger rod) helps the plunger come after a straight path as it keeps force on the bottom end of the grease tube. It also acts in pulling back the spring previous to push a new grease tube.
- The follower handle offers a hold when pulling the follower rod previous to pushing a new grease tube.
- The plunger supplies straight force to the back end of the grease tube as grease is depleted.
- The flexible hose is used replaceable with a fixed tube for supple positioning of the joiner or coupler.
- The fixed tube is a hard form of a supple hose.
Assembly of a Grease Gun Coupler
To assemble a grease gun in some cases you might need to loosen the coupler. To loosen it you have to unscrew the coupler which allows the clamping jaw to widen but be careful not to tighten it too much then reassemble it again. Fix the tube extension into the head and the coupler of the needle tip adapter then pull the plunger rod handle all the way out to the full extension then lock it in at an angle. After that enter the cartridge into the barrel then remove the foil paper. After that remove the thread on the grease gun head and push it into the barrel then pump the handle until you get the grease started.
Grеаѕе gun coupler has to be the main part of the professional mechanism tool. With thе help оf thеѕе, уоu can еаѕilу lubriсаtе уоur pieces of vеhiсlеѕ аnd equipment. They аррlу ideal injecting of grease into your grease fittings. It perfectly makes your life easier. Overall, what we do recommend you to purchase is the regular LockNLube grease gun coupler. Whether you are a bit confused about what to select from because this is your first purchase of a grease gun coupler or you are the professional in this area, this is well worth the money for you.You don’t have to delay further; brace up and make a choice today.